7 Tips to Work on Your Goals
I can’t believe it’s September already and that time has passed by so quickly. Didn’t the year just started? At least that is what it seems like to me, however, in just a few months we will be saying good bye to another year.
I remember when I was a little girl that time seemed to pass by so slowly. I couldn’t wait for December to come around for several reasons: I was going to be on school break, I was going to have a birthday, and I was going to celebrate Christmas. I especially liked the last two since it meant getting gifts.
Nowadays it just seems like we need more time for everything. Let me ask you where are you in regards to your goals and to time?
Can you honestly say that this year you finally have accomplished what you set yourself to accomplish, or is this another year that went by so fast, and you’ve decided that since the year is almost over you might as well start again in January?
Actually regardless of wherever you are the best time to start or continue is now. Do not delay your goals, dreams, nor life.
There are different scenarios that might be possible:
1) You are doing awesome and you are incredibly amazed at how well you are doing.
2) You are doing okay, however you judge yourself as doing terrible and you cannot stop ruminating on how bad you are doing according to you.
3) You have not yet accomplished your goals, although you do want to accomplish them, but it just feels like time is slipping through your fingers.
If you are doing awesome and you feel incredibly amazing, good for you. Keep the momentum going. If you feel and think that you are doing terrible please realize that most likely you are being very hard on yourself, and that most likely the truth is that you are only looking at what you did not accomplish vs what you did accomplish.
Finally if you can truthfully say that you have not yet accomplished your goals and that you feel like time is slipping through your fingers, than don’t worry there is still plenty of time for you to work on your goals.
Here are some tips to work on your goal:
- Decide to recommit to your goals and decide that there is no better time than the present time to work on them.
- Identify your goal(s)?
- At this time it would be best if you prioritize and simply choose to focus on one or two goals maximum.
- Once you have identified your goal ask yourself why you want this goal?
- Once you have identified your why really take an honest look and see what is the basis of this goal? Is it ego based or Higher Self based? If your goal is ego based reconsider your “why” and choose to come from a higher place.
- What are you going to do differently this time around that is going to really get you to work on your goal, what are you going to do differently to stay motivated, and to finally accomplish your goal?
- Take a look at what you can drop or add on the road to working on your goal. For example, maybe you need to drop the all or nothing approach which means that you are the type that need to do it all “perfect” or else you simply quit because you “messed up” one day. Do you need to drop your pride or your fear and be willing to ask for help and support from others? Do you need to drop your self judgment, do you need to drop the pressure that you put on yourself, do you need to drop being so harsh on yourself and not recognizing the many wonderful things that you are doing, etc…..? What do you need to add? For example, maybe you need to add more self compassion, maybe you need to add meditation, time for yourself, structure or perhaps you need to instead add more spontaneity, fun, freedom,…. etc……
Finally I would like to leave you with some important quotes from several famous people.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~Lao Tzu
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. ~ Albert Einstein
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
- You are exactly where you think you deserve to be. ~Earl Nightingale
If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal. – Zig Ziglar
As you start to walk out on the way, the way appear. ~Rumi
The Self is our life’s goal, for it is the completest expression of that fateful combination we call individuality. ~Carl Gustav Jung
Apply for a 30 minute Free Consultation and begin to move forward on your journey not only so that you can accomplish your goals, but also so that you can create a life where you truly know how deserving you are. Time can stop to slip through your fingers when you begin to live as the true Self that you are.